Many thanks to all our fabulous eco-affluent photographers!
Winners of the eco-affluent next steps competition are …
Winner of the main prize: Karl D from Suffolk with his photos, Breakfast, Plan Bee – facebook like and Smiling away from the camera. But most impressively Karl’s next step towards eco-affluence will be to “understand the principle further and look to apply it locally by creating more meaningful “Twin Towns” at the community level.” Go Karl! Keep us updated!
Runners up are: John L from Essex and Bart R from London.
The winning pics and a selection of our faves are below. Thank you and well done everyone that entered, we hope you had fun being eco-affluent
The competition …
Start taking eco-affluent steps now and you’ll be in with a chance of winning a bag load of eco-goodies!
WARNING: This competition challenges you to increase your real wealth …
1st prize: RAPANUI Panda t-shirt, 1 years subscription to PERMACULTURE magazine, Woodpecker (shake) torch, Powermeter, fridge thermometer, wildflower seeds, signed copy of The Book of Rubbish Ideas, Do Good Lives have to Cost the Earth book and more!
2 runners up: RAPANUI t-shirt, 1 years subscription to PERMACULTURE magazine, fridge thermometer, and a couple more bits and pieces.
- eat a vegetarian meal, go vegan if you dare!
hint: eating from one of those big fast-food chains really isn’t trying and is definitely not an eco-affluent act!
- do something to help the bees.
hint: visit the Co-operative’s Plan Bee site or ask a lovely bee-keeper
- have fun exercising!
hint: we really want to see those smiles!
How to enter
- Complete the three tasks above
- Evidence your tasks with a photograph (or if you go for signing an online petition for task 2 , an image of your computer screen will be fine)
- Email your three images (with some words telling us what you’re doing) to firstname.lastname@example.org along with no more than 25 words completing the following sentence
My next step towards eco-affluence will be to ………………(plus 25 words max)
Entries must be received by 12 noon on Saturday the 11th of June and will be judged on smiley creativeness.
Terms and conditions
- By entering this competition, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- This competition is open to anyone with an address in the UK.
- If you are under 18, your entry must be submitted by your parent or legal guardian, who by submitting an entry are agreeing to these terms and conditions on behalf of their child.
- By emailing photos to us you allow us to use the photos on our website and in future Green Frontier promotions.
- The photos must be your own and must not be offensive or unlawful.
- Only one entry per email address.
- If you don’t want to register for our e-newsletter, please say so in your email. You would expect to receive an e-newsletter about once a month.
- We will not pass your email address on to any other party.
- The prizes are as stated, there are no cash alternatives. We reserve the right to change the prizes at anytime during the competition.
- The winners will be announced on or around Monday 13th June 2011 and contacted by email. If a winner has not claimed a prize after 14 days, we may award the prize to the next placed entry. Green Frontier’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.